Alert: The pace of change you see today is the slowest you will ever experience. Not only will change not go away, but the pace will do nothing but increase.
So what does that mean to you? That in this New Reality, the pace of individuals and businesses needs to increase as well.
What can you do to accelerate as an individual?
- Acknowledge your natural reactions to change, deal with them, and get on with it
- Move yourself through the change process, and searching for solutions as quickly as possible
- Let go of what is slowing you down personally in order to move faster through change
- Figure out what you’re holding onto that is no longer relevant and accurate because of changing conditions, then let go of it and move on.
What can you do to accelerate as a business?
- Equip the business to more quickly research, decide, respond, change, and create solutions for customers
Acknowledge losing the luxury of time
- Push decision making and problem solving lower in the organization and closer to the process, the job and the customer
- Store and share information in a central location where people can access it as needed, then hold them accountable for accessing it
- Create an environment where people can make some mistakes, learn from them, and move on to solve the next problem
- Adopt this mantra: If we’re going to fail (and some failures at this pace are to be expected), fail fast and fix it fast!
The old reality was too slow. In The New Reality, speed is critical.